- 1 pound of Asparagus
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4-1/2 Tsp Kosher or Himalayan Pink Salt (fine)
-Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the hard section of the asparagus bases.
- Peel the skin from the bottom 1-2 inches using a vegetable peeler. This will lessen the stringiness of the asparagus.
- Put asparagus in a large plastic zipper bag and add the oil and salt. Close the bag and massage the contents until the asparagus is well coated.
- Open the bag and dump the asparagus out and spread evenly onto a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for 7-12 minutes, it will depend on the size of the stalks and the degree of tenderness preferred. Test for tenderness by piercing with a knife. Careful not to overcook or burn the tips. Serve them plain or with a light salad dressing. A healthy and great element to include with lunch or evening dinner.