• 2 Medium Sized Eggplants
• 10 Ounces Bulk Pork Sausage
• 1 1/2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
• 1 Medium Chopped Green Pepper
• 1 Medium Chopped Red Onion
• 1 Cup Unseasoned Breadcrumbs
• 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
• 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
• 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
• 1/8 Teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
• 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
-Using medium heat, brown sausage in a 10-inch skillet, stirring occasionally (5-6 minutes).
-Drain off excess fat and set aside for later.
-With a sharp knife, hold eggplant lengthwise and slice it in half. Repeat with the other one.
-Scoop out pulp and cut into cubes, leaving behind a 1/4-inch outer layer.
-Add the pulp, onion, pepper, mushrooms, garlic, and oil to the skillet. Sauté using medium heat and stir vegetables occasionally until tender and crispy (5-6 minutes).
-Combine browned sausage, breadcrumbs, vegetables, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
-Fill eggplant shells with mixture and cover evenly with Mozzarella cheese; then place them on a 9x13-inch baking pan.
-Place pan in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until fork tender.