This cream of broccoli soup recipe is versatile and can be substituted with any organic ingredients that you wish to incorporate.
For example, using a minimally processed, organic millet flour is a more healthy choice than using all-purpose, white flour.
Try making this delicious soup in a crockpot, directly on the stove, or by using the method below; it is sure to be a family favorite!
8 Cups Of Chopped Broccoli
6 Cups Of Chicken, Beef, or Vegetable Broth
2-4 Cups Of Shredded Cheese
1 1/2 Cups Of Milk
3/4 Cup Chopped Carrots
1 Cup Of Heavy Cream
1 Medium To Large Onion
1/4 Cup Of Butter
4 Cloves Of Garlic
3-5 Tbsp Of Flour
Salt And Pepper To Taste
1. Peel and chop onion. Mince garlic
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet.
3 Add chopped onion and fry over medium-high heat for about ten minutes stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Be careful not to burn the butter.
4. Stir in the minced garlic and sautee with the onions until golden brown.
5. Sprinkle flour evenly over onions and garlic and stir.
6 Pour milk in a little at a time and stir frequently to prevent clumping.
7. Continue cooking onions, garlic, milk, and flour for about ten minutes on medium heat stirring frequently until the roux begins to thicken.
8. Pour broth into a large, oven-safe stockpot over high heat.
9. Add roux to the broth and stir in until well blended. Preheat oven to 325 F.
10. Chop up broccoli and carrots, then dice potatoes and add them all to the pot. Adjust the broth-to-vegetable ratio as needed.
11. Stir in heavy cream. Bring just to a boil.
12. Cover the stockpot and place in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes.
13. Remove stockpot from the oven, uncover and stir well.
14. Place back into the oven without the cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
15. Turn off oven and remove the stockpot. Stir well.
16. Serve in a bowl with any shredded cheese. Cheddar is best.
To Your Health and Prosperity!
How about some delicious, homemade bread bowls to put your soup in?
Check out this video recipe!